Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Okay I'm dating, now what?

I've decided to have an exclusive relationship with someone after many dates and wasted time with cretins and people with mental issues they refuse to solve I've found someone I think is worthy of me. I don't mean to be narcissistic but I do think I'm pretty good catch. Not bad for a 37 year old broad, highly educated, at peace with myself and my surroundings, kind of low/high maintenance (I'll have to explain that later), kind, nice smile, pretty decent shape, funny, and I have gained some life lessons that I actually learned from. So here he comes, cute, nice guy, funny, little shy, wears glasses, actually knows how to make a plan and follow it, can take care of his own business, good music taste, a little younger about 3 years, he's not perfect but who is. All I want at this point in life is someone I can work with and that can work with me. Now, we're dating and I'm scared. I don't want to make any of the mistakes that I made with my ex, I don't want the miscommunication, selfishness, pressure, meanness, and neediness that came with him and our marriage. I'm trying my best to change those things, to throw them out like the baby with the bath water. I don't need that. When I got married in my twenties I had no idea what I wanted from another human being and I didn't even know what I didn't want, so I got nothing. Now, I may not be completely sure of all the things I want but I most definitely know what I do not want and that's the beginning of me attempting to have a healthy relationship with M. I know, I know, it was P in the other post but as I was making a decision he got pushed to the side, he didn't hold enough interest and seemed like he wanted to party more than be in a relationship but he was 23 yrs old. I told ya'll, I thought he was too young. LOL.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the new bf and stop worrying! i promise, everything will be fine, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, sometimes I can be a nervous nelly. LOL.

    ReplyDelete