Search This Blog

Friday, April 8, 2011

Okay Seattle, Pick a Weather Pattern and Stick With It

One of the things that I love and hate about Seattle is the weather, when it's good it's damn good and when it's bad it's just depressing. Spring has got to be one of the worst seasons for weather around here. Not only are my allergies going crazy but it's been a weird pattern of schizoid weather around this place. All week you don't know if it's spring or if this town really missing winter. Half the day it rains and is gray and the other half it's sunny and beautiful and I do mean all of this is happening on the same day. You can get different weather patterns neighborhood to neighborhood here. It's just been the weirdest, I go out this morning on my way to teach all bundled up because it's freezing cold and raining and I come back home it's warm and the sun is shining. You have to dress in layers here, you never know what you're going to get. Really, I never bother watching the weatherman he couldn't get the forecast correct with all the Doppler in the world. Only way to figure out the weather is to wake up and look outside, then you'll get an accurate forecast. Well maybe. A day or so ago it started snowing and earlier that day it had been sunny. I've lived here almost 20 years and really I should be used to this, this is typical April weather, all rain, all the time but the extreme of the patterns over these last couple of days just has me wanting to pull my hair out. I know all the April showers will bring May flowers but damn, does have to be so cold too. Tomorrow the weatherman forecast sunny and warmer, yea I'll believe it when I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment