Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Oh I am Not Feeling the Fisticuffs

What is this new trend of grown women fighting on reality television and I don't mean arguing I mean straight up, scrapping like sailors. I am deeply disturbed by this. I noticed it a few weeks ago, I was watching Basketball Wives which is really just a sad show on so many levels but that particular episode had two women fighting AGAIN. It's not the first time that women broke out in a full on battle royale on that show it was like the third time I believe. As I sat there I turned to Matt and he was like 'wow, what kind of people do that?' I thought to myself that Basketball Wives is one of many reality television shows where grown women, not teenagers, grown women in their 30s and 40s are fighting. Now really I would be disappointed to see young women in their early 20 and late teens fight but not surprised. Young people can sometimes be a tad silly but the grown women fighting thing is fair disturbing. I have never and I do mean never in my life seen two grown women fighting at a bar or club and I've been in some dodgy spots. Dodgy enough that even I had to think 'what the hell am I doing here?' But in all that time I have never seen two grown women fight or throw drinks in one another's face or any of that. I've seen so much of this behavior on reality television shows, I could make another  show featuring all the fights. There has been a fight on most of the Real Housewives shows, the one on the New Jersey show was legendary, Basketball Wives, Bad Girls, the Real World, and Mob Wives and at least threats of a fight on many other reality shows. It's just amazing that so many women who claim to be so classy and sophisticated would reduce themselves to throwing punches, drinks, and pulling hair with another grown ass woman. Never in my life would I fight with another woman, just never and any woman who threatened to do that I would just laugh at because it's so utterly ridiculous. I can't even do it anymore, it's not funny anymore it's become increasingly gross and sad. Ladies, and I use that term loosely, please stop cat-fighting because you look like fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment