Search This Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Loves Me Some Pandora!

First, if you've never heard of Pandora, what rock have you been living under. Pandora radio is the hit, it's cool, it's great, I get chills thinking about it. I'm so glad I found it, love at first listen. Here's something about Seattle, our radio stations suck donkey balls. We have some of the worst radio in existence for a metropolitan city. I haven't actually listened to it in years, why make my ears bleed. I have very eclectic taste so there's not really a station that would ever cater to me but Pandora does. I don't know how I found it, actually I think Matt told me about it. When I went on and figured out you could put in your favorite artist and they'd start to play music from that artist and artist like that artist I was in heaven. It's fantastic and on some of my stations it really takes me in the wayback machine. I have a New Order station and the other day as I listened they played some OMD, Morrisey, and the Church oh it was like being in school all over again, straight back the eighties. I have so many stations and you can just listen for hours. You have to have a phone like iPhone or something similar that gets internet over cell towers to use it in the car but I'm thinking that's pretty much everybody now. Even my 65 year old mother has one of those smartphones.

Now recently they've started to play commercials every couple of songs, they didn't do that originally but they got to pay bills and try to make a profit. But if you pay $36 you can go commercial free for a year with them, I think I'm going to do it. I don't need the regular radio ever again and I don't have to listen to all my repeats on my iPod so it's nice to get some of my forgotten favorites in with my various radio stations. Really I am random when it comes to my musical tastes my radio stations on Pandora include Marvin Gaye, Dave Brubeck, U2, Hall & Oates, Johnny Taylor, Diana Krall, Bebel Gilberto, Funkadelic, Harry Connick Jr., New Order, Maxwell, Ledisi, The Isley Brothers, Jamiroquai, Led Zeppelin, Adele, Michael Jackson, The English  Beat, Guy, John Coltrane, Jill Scott, Van Hunt, John Mayer, Ludacris, Chaka Khan & Rufus, Johnny Cash, Sting, R.E.M., John Legend, Boy George, the Clash, Micheal Buble', Phil Collins, Luther Vandross, Gap Band, and Mary J. Blige. Yea, I'm all over the map and that's what I love about Pandora, it's all your favorites and other music similar to your favorites. I'm adding a Morrisey radio station this week, he totally slipped my mind. So enjoy the music and don't be stuck with the crap that supposedly passes for radio stations in this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment