Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hello My Name is Eugenia and I'm a Shoe Addict

Yes I am and I have come to terms with it. I love shoes, all kinds and types and if I could wile away my hours at Nordstrom, Nine West, or on Endless.com looking for shoes I damn well would. I was looking at my Facebook today and they happen to say something about Shoe Tuesday at Marshalls and the fact that they had sandals on sale for $15 I almost killed over. I had to breath into a paper bag to keep from fainting or running to my car to rush to Marshalls to buy sandals. I don't know how many pairs of shoes I own, I really have no idea and I could actually give any starlet a run for their money. Yes, I own shoes I've only worn once and yes I own shoes I've never worn at all. I know, the shame of it, it's so wasteful and I really do hate being wasteful but when I go through to give them away I never give them to a place that is going to sell them. I like to give them places where women who are homeless and trying to enter back into the workplace can get nice shoes because I do have some nice ones. I love everything but favorites are flats, slingbacks, peeptoes, the wedge, boots, sandals, flip flops, and nice kicks. I recently wrote about my love of Converse in Me + Chuck Taylors = Life Long Love Affair and I love Pumas too. I love Nine West, Carlos Santana, Keen, Naughty Monkey, Marc Jacobs, Jimmy Choos, Loubontin, and many others. I just love shoes and I'm forever sneaking a new pair into the house, I know Matt wouldn't be too angry but he doesn't understand the shoe obsession and I'm quite sure no man does if he did, he's not a straight man. Matt owns five pairs of shoes I think, he only wears two, his work shoes, a pair of brown Rockport and his corduroy slippers he bought at Wal-Mart and he loves those to death. My multi-talented and beautiful best friend LaTonya Alexander, whose business Image of Soul is an amazing outlet for her creative mind, made this poster for me and she's framing for my wall and this speaks volumes to my shoe addiction, one I am so not looking for a cure of.


Enjoy the shoes!







No comments:

Post a Comment