Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Blog Love-Socialite Dreams

I'm giving some blog love out to my girl, Vonnie at Socialite Dreams love that site. First let me tell you little about why I love it so much. I am almost 40 years old, next month I will turn the big 39 and I'm excited about it. Much has changed and transitioned in my life (I'll be writing more about that soon) but one of the big transitions is that I've decided after not wearing much make-up ever to start spritzing myself up a little bit. Now although I am old, I don't feel old and I don't think I look old but I wanted to achieve something more sophisticated in my look and I thought makeup would do that for me. After checking out Vonnie's blog and then taking a wonderful online tutorials about how to achieve the smoky eye that you saw in my blog post My Attempt at Smoky Eye and a V-Day Gift, hell I just went all in and decided to start making up myself on the regular. Vonnie has challenged me in some old wack-ass makeup rules like no red lipstick, thank you so much for challenging me in that, I bought some beautiful orange-red lip stain with gloss from MAC and I'm rocking it. She's also presented me with a challenge I'll be taking on my birthday to go for and try blue eye shadow. I'll come back with the results of that. She gives wonderful advice on make-up, nail and nail polish, clothes, and perfume and yes she is social. Her site is full of photos of her trying on new make up looks and YouTube makeup tutorials and she lets you in her social life, she recently did a wonderful blog about her night on the town attending the Janet Jackson concert. She is a gorgeous young woman with the best smile and fire in her eyes. She did a whole month of re-creating makeup looks for famous black women during Black History month in February, I personally loved Diana Ross day. She is fantastic and you should check her out. She got me out my rut and although I'm doing up my eyes most days I'm still trying to get my cheeks right but don't worry, I'll be checking in on Vonnie with that one too. I love you, Socialite Dreams, you made my dream of being a sophisticated women who's almost in her forties come true.

4 comments:

  1. awww, thank you so much! I'm really glad that you broke out of that rut and we'll definitely jazz you up with some blues and blushes :D I need to do a blush series, thanks for reminding me :) I appreciate the show of love, honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I did too, I'm a bit of a girly girl when I dress and it's nice to glam up a bit with the makeup. I'll be checking for the blush tutorial I could really use that one. And you're welcome, it was easy you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I saw you commented on my blog so I came by to check your blog out. Love it! I like the IDEA of wearing make up, more than I actually like taking the time to apply. trying to branch out and use more colors, though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello MizSerious, well I certainly enjoyed your post and follow your blog now. I'm glad you came over, welcome. I suggest you check out Socialite Dreams, I wasn't really keen on the idea of what I thought might take forever to do myself but I'm kind of loving it and having fun. The blue on my eyes will be a big stretch LOL.

    ReplyDelete