Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Please Keep It Germane

And when I say germane, I don't mean Jackson. I love that word, I used it today in class with the students that I teach paralegal studies to, they asked what it meant. You may be asking to so I'll do you a favor and get the dictionary out.


ger·mane   /dʒərˈmeɪn/ [jer-meyn]
–adjective
1. closely or significantly related; relevant; pertinent: Please keep your statements germane to the issue.
2. Obsolete . closely related.
I like blogging but have come to discover that maybe I need to lay down some house rules. Now I'm not a fan of rules because, of course, I believe that adults should be free to express themselves but expression means different things to different people I've gathered. After having to delete a comment made and I really hated doing it but had to, I figured out that I want things on my blog to be germane to the subject. I love a good argument but at least let it be relevant to what is being actually discussed. So it's time for me to let those who come here to read and comment know what this blog is and what it is not and what may be up for grabs.

This blog is:

a space for me to talk about crazy stuff I see in life

a space to promote IR dating and relationships

a space to talk about the woes of wedding planning

a space to ogle really fine men

a space to be a little silly

a space to speak of the love and pride I have in my family and you in yours

a space to help women heal, overcome, and be more powerful

a space to sometimes let people cry on your shoulder or kick you in the pants if you need it, that goes for me sometimes too

a space to talk about my love of everything that is television

a space to share some of my new adventures (I'm snowboarding soon)

a space to try to motivate people to do better and be different, it's a good thing

a space for me to tell a little about what I think is so special about my fiancee, Matt. I promise I won't make you upchuck. LOL.

This blog is not:

a space where I or anyone else will villify or deify any man (there are lots of blogs that do that, if you want to participate in that go there)

a space where people will be promoting their own agendas, this is my blog any agenda promoting will be done by me, if you want to promote an agenda either pay me or get your own blog

a space where people will be disrespecting others, any disrespecting will be done by me and if I do you deserve it

a space where people are patronized. I hate pandering to people or people pandering to me it's an insult and treats people as if they are stupid

a space where I'm teaching IR for beginners, I'm old hat at interracial dating if you have issues, still haven't gained confidence, can't speak correctly, don't know your worth, trying to break out of the hood or collective or matrix or whatever I am not the blog for you. I've been an independent-thinker and promoting my own self-interest for a long time. Also my mother taught me how to speak correctly, carry myself as a lady and with decorum (although don't do it all the time LOL), carry on a conversation with anyone, make people feel comfortable, use all the utensils on the table correctly, and be adaptable as a child. Sorry I'm ahead of some people but I just am.

a space, most definitely, that I am trying to promote myself as a savior for grown black women, worthy of worship and ass-kissing because I got a date and they don't.

Stuff up for grabs is done at my discretion.

I certainly welcome people to participate in my blog within these boundaries. I don't think it's asking much. That's it. I'm done. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment