Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Something New for 2011

One of the many things that I'm wanting to do this year is stick to my own business and live a quiet life. Well, one out of two ain't bad. I love to write and I noticed that last year I wrote a lot in other people's blogs, in fact, I wrote all the time in a couple of them. It was a daily occurence in some ways but I want to do something different this year. I want to write in my own blog, I want to share my opinions and things about myself and my life in my own comfortable environment. Yes, I'm tired of people who have bad reading comprehension skills taking what I say and running with it, trying to make a point. Really, I don't really care what people think about what I say and do, this is MY life, not yours. But I do like to share, oddly enough. If you agree great, if you don't, that's fine too, if you try to insult me you'll be kicking rocks. Personally, I've never really cared if people like me just that they respect me, if you can't do that you'll get the horns with me. I'm a smart aleck and extremely sarcastic which can border on mean with some people. But I also like new ideas presented well. I was a paralegal for 10 years so I love a good argument and I don't mean debate, this ain't the high school club. As long as people aren't calling people outside their names, it's all good for me.

Ah but what shall we talk about on here. Well from my previous posts, a little bit of everything. And whatever is on my freaking mind that day. My thoughts can run wild. Now this blog is 'Single Girl in a Weird World' but I'm no longer single, this year some time I will be married but it's still a weird world. I sometimes think 'am I only sane person left?' But I'm sure someone else is thinking that too. My fiancee is white and I'm a big advocate for interracial dating and I'm not really concerned who are the parties participating. This is not a black man bash fest because they date interracial. Personally, I don't care what black men do, that's their business not mine. I'm not so insecure about my choice to date white men that I need to justify it by bashing black men. But I do advocate that black women open up their options and there are many ways to do that. Some I may just explore in later posts. I also live in Seattle, Washington so a lot of my perspective is because I live here but I was born in Houston, Texas so some of my attitude is because I was born there. Since I'm from Seattle, I'm an American so my perspective is from being an American also. I'm not anti-non American and I don't think America is the be all, end all of all time but it's not the devil either. I think most places in the world have some good and some bad so I like to stay as balanced as possible. I'm not a fan of extremes, they seem non-sensical to me. These are just my opinions and in no way, shape or form do I present them as fact for anyone but me. I like different perspectivess and life experiences from other people. Now one of my personal mottos is 'everything people say take what you need and rest of the shit throw out'. So in other words, what I say on this blog take what you can use, the rest the crap I say, kick it to the curb. What I do is not for everyone and won't work for everyone, we must all find our way on this journey.

So enjoy my new blog and more frequent blog post. I am so looking forward to getting people better and people getting to know me better.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Flaming Star. I followed some stats links on my own blog and land here. As interracial is an interesting topic for me, I will come back one of these days to read and maybe post.
    For now I wish you a lot of succes in your own projects for 2011.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grave Digger, I love your blog and have as link on my blog list. I'll support any man that loves black women and supports us. Well I talk about interracial dating/mating/marriage because I'm a big advocate of interracial relationships and want to promote that. But know I talk about other stuff too. I hope you come back and check it out and I'll keep supporting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Flaming Star for your nice words and support about my blog. I added yours on The Black Pearl Favs.
    Of course, I'll be back asap (I'm very busy now) to read your blog in better conditions.
    Keep it up !

    xx

    ReplyDelete